I am a Ph.D. Candidate in Seismic Risk at the Department of Physics – Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II.
I am interested in studying the temporal and spatial evolution of the seismicity in a high seismic risk zone, in order to characterize the complex system which generates the earthquakes – the Earth’s Crust – and to individuate one or more precursors of the “black swan” phenomenon : a great earthquake.
The main field of my research is the analysis of seismic sequences :
- Characterization of the temporal and spatial evolution of the events, intra-sequence and inter-sequences
- Characterization of the mechanical state of the seismic fault
As a consequence, I am interested in the study of the seismic source :
- Estimate of the source parameters through a global exploration of the parameters space
- Analysis of the probability distribution of each parameter
- Analysis of the parameters correlation matrix
- Study of the role of the seismic noise in the source parameters estimate